Some are new and some aren't but a few of them stood out in my mind when I browsed the list.
Want to know which ones? Well, even if you don't, I am going to share them.
Uniform Staff Procedures for Enforcement of the Guidelines of Library Use and
other Library rules
TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL USERS:
4. Persons under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs are not allowed on Library
Now any and everyone who has ever visited a public library knows that the majority
of our patrons fall into this category. ***The most that will ever be given for violation is a
8. Animals, other than service animals assisting persons with disabilities, are not permitted
inside Library facilities or within 10 feet of any door.
Everyone and their Momma brings their dog up in here. They will claim in a minute that
it is a companion dog. You see anything from a pitbul to a lab.
11. Sleeping or lying on the floor or furniture is prohibited.
You can take a stroll around this floor any given time of the day and catch a few people
18. Unreasonable use of rest rooms, including laundering and bathing [smoking, soliticiting,
clogging drains and brushing teeth.]
We receive complaints daily regarding this.
20. Harassing or threatening Library users or staff.
20a. Harassing or threatening staff or patron:
Maximum punishment is a 12-month suspension.
There is a total of 32 guidelines. I have listed just a few that stand out. I also wonder how well enforcement will go. Most of these guidelines are already listed in the rules and regulations portion of our website and the library application packet.