Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I had no idea that people did this

Last Monday, October 15th, a man and a woman approached the reference desk. They looked to be no more than 19 years of age. They debated who would ask the question. The female finally said, " My job said for me to come to the library and get a book that will tell me how to talk to people, can you help me?" I was shocked, but I proceeded to search the catalog. I am sure that the expression on my face showed what I was thinking because the woman then asked me, "Do you think that you can find something like that in the library?" I told her that I am sure I could find some work etiquette books. I found two books and then the female patron dropped the bomb, "We need two books each." So I returned to the online catalog and continued the search. I finally found something that was about dealing with a$$holes in the workplace. They were so happy, they asked for that call number and they were off in search of the book.

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

wow...obviously from the way she approached you and the way dude allowed her to do all they talking...these books are needed.

They're young...plenty of time to learn.

Jazzy said...

they=the

Nexgrl said...

Thanks Diva, I made the correction. Yes, it seemed to me that the books must have been needed if someone advised them to pick them up and they actually did it.
As they were leaving, the female stated that all they were required to report were the titles and authors of the books.