Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sometimes you just need to step away

This happened to one of my co-workers yesterday, and he said that I should write about it here.


One of our semi-regulars approached my co-worker at the reference desk and asked, "CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A BOOK THAT WILL TELL ME HOW TO MAKE MY BEST FRIEND TURN G.AY!"

My co-workers response, "YOU NEED TO JUST GO AWAY NOW!!!!" My co-worked then walked away from the reference desk and came into the staff area. He said that he just needed to take a moment away from the desk to just breath.

Background info on the patron:

For about 3 months, he rolled into the library on a very fancy motorized chair. He would just use the computers to type about 10 signs. He would then tape the signs to the back of his chair. He would do this everyday. I was curious, so one day, I read a portion of the signs. They said, "I am looking for my boyfriend. He helps me do everything." The signs went on to describe his boyfriend in detail.

One day he just stopped. From that point on, he had a laptop whenever he came into the library. I forgot to add that he was always very dirty, head to toe.

He hadn't been in here for quite a while, and then I noticed him again, last week. He is a little cleaner, hair cut, motorized chair gone. He now has an old school wheelchair.

5 comments:

Paula D. said...

I swear your job could be a reality show! lol!

Rashan Jamal said...

Wow, how to turn someone ghey...

You'd think the internet would be more helpful than a book... LOL

Nexgrl said...

@Paula
We have been featured on the evening news, buth they only highlighted the amount of homeless patrons.

@Rashan
I don't think the guy uses the internet that much. He is one of those that believes someone is always trying to spy on him.

Sha Boogie said...

what??? LOL!!! fancy motorized, to a do it yourself chair? I am so lost..lol maybe his BF took the chair back! haha!

Nexgrl said...

@Sha Boogie,

I too, thought his chair must have been stolen, along with his fancy laptop.