Thursday, September 10, 2009

Don't step to me with some mess

I'll start this by saying that a lot of black men, who think they look half-way decent will step to me with some mess at the reference desk. I don't care who you are, I'm going to give you the same amount of service as I give everyone else.

Why would you try to smooth talk a librarian into doing something for you anyway. The computers are free and we have plenty of them.

Tuesday, sometime after 5:00p.m., I happened to be alone at the reference desk. A older black man(60's,) approached me, leaned over the counter and said, "Uh Yeah, who can I get to purchase my airline ticket online for me."

I said, "We can show you how to book a computer, login, and access the website of whatever airline you're using."

He said, "I ain't trying to do all of that. Besides, I ain't talking about today, I can come back another day." I want to avoid the $25 that they charge you over the telephone."

Once again I said, "Any of us can show you how to book a computer. You can even book one up to two days in advance. We can then show you how to access the internet and the airline's website."

Old Dude, "So you saying there isn't anyone that will do that for me? I'm not trying to pay that $25."

I said, "It's extremely easy to book your flight online. The websites walk you through the process. If my Mom can do it, you can do it too."

He said, "Alright, I hear what you saying, but um I'mma come back."

2 comments:

bglen said...

c'mon sis, u shoulda told him for$50.00 cash you could show him how to logon--

Nexgrl said...

You know they get on my nerves trying to get over. You also know that if I had told him there was a cost involved, he would have been gone so quickly.