Monday, February 22, 2010

On the way to the bus stop this morning

I was minding my own business, walking while listening to my ipod. Out of the corner of my right eye, I see a police van stop. I thought nothing of it, because they often cruise the other end of my street. Then.......the driver's side window opens slowly. As I got closer to the van, I saw that it was my former co-worker.

Mr. Officer: " I couldn't just drive past and not stop."

Me: "Hi, how are you? Are you still at the high school?" (There's a high school near my home)

Mr. Officer: " Yes. Do you still bake?"

Me: "I haven't in a while, but yes, I still bake."

Mr. Officer: "Do you think you could bake me a cake or pie?"

Me: "You're not right because you would sit in front of the school and eat it in front of the kids!"

****Here it comes*********He asked, "So, you're not married yet?" I respond, "No, WHY, do you ask me that everytime that you see me?"

Mr. Officer: "I ask because you're a good girl and you deserve to be married."

Me: "You need to tell your friend that." (He is friends with my ex.)

NOW FOR THE CLENCHER, WHAT HE HAS BEEN DYING TO ASK, ALMOST AS LONG AS WE'VE KNOW EACH OTHER. HE HAS ASKED AROUND THIS QUESTION IN THE PAST************************

Mr. Officer: "Do you still talk to Re and La?" (women we used to work with)

Me: "Not Re, but I email La sometimes."

Mr. Officer: "You pretty much keep to yourself"

Me: "Pretty much."

Mr. Officer: "Oh, so you can keep a secret?"

Me: "Mr. Officer, I'm not trying to mess with a married man!"

Mr. Officer: "WHAT!!! Why would you come at me like that?"

Me: "Because you said, you can keep a secret."

Mr. Officer is married, his 2nd marriage at that. When we worked together, he was married to his 1st wife. He messed around with Re for a minute. He quite that job to become a police officer. He then began messing with a supervisor at our old job. He then divorced his 1st wife, to marry the supervisor.

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

LMAO! smh...what an N word! and he needs to worry about his own marriage instead of worrying about whether or not you are married!

Rashan Jamal said...

I like how you called him on it before he could even get to it. Have your wife bake you a cake, fool!

Nexgrl said...

@Jazzy
He irks me every time he asks me that. We know the same people, so he would've heard.
@Rashan
Him thinking that I wouldn't recognize his game was unbelieveable.