Monday, October 25, 2010

What a Monday

The end of my second hour at the reference was ending soon, when I noticed a man sleeping at the Encyclopedia Table.
I went over to attempt to awaken the patron. My raps on the table went unnoticed. The patron was slowly learning closer to the floor. There was a stream of snot hanging from one nostril, and he was lightly snoring.

Unable to wake the patron, I returned to the reference desk. As I began a call to security, the patron fell on the floor. My co-worker went over and said that I should call 911 because the patron wasn't waking up.

Security officers arrived, turned the patron on his side, and still didn't get a response from the patron.

The paramedics arrived quickly. They were unable to get a response from the patron. He was taken to the hospital.

FOUND among the patrons possessions, an EMPTY PINT OF VODKA, and a pack of PILLS.


That's how my Monday is going thus far how about yours?

2 comments:

Judaye said...

Damn! I don't know what to say. Your story sounds like the beginning of a horror movie.

Nexgrl said...

I didn't go to work today, so I don't know if it happened again.