Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ummmm......And That Makes You Special .....Really

I took 3 days off, so I've been gone from this place for 5 days. My first day back, my first hour at the reference desk had just ended. My co-worker who had come to relieve me, went to wake up a patron.

The interaction was taking a little longer than usual. It turns out the 20-something didn't think the library's rules applied to him, because according to him, he's not homeless. SAY WHAT NOW???

As she awakened the patron from his sleep, she informed him that patrons aren't allowed to sleep in the library. His response, "Oh, but I'm not homeless!"

With a straight face, she informed him once again, that sleeping isn't allowed in the library.

2 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

This made me laugh! LOL! So he should be allowed to sleep because he's NOT homeless?? Then take yo azz home and go to bed...Right?

Nexgrl said...

GeorgeousPuddin
That's exactly what I thought, but it wasn't my problem. I was exiting the reference desk.