Friday, March 31, 2006

Cezar Chavez Day

I admire the man and everything that he did in his lifetime. With that said, today is a state holiday in honor of him. In my city, this means school is out. For the City and County employees, it is a regular work day.

Yesterday was a teacher in-service day for the public schools. This means that I have had two days of children non-stop all day. Today at 1:30 p.m., a mother came in with three children. About 20 minutes later, her sister came in with two more children. Both adults proceeded to act as if they were in here alone. I had to tell the children more than three times to lower their voices. They were yelling at each other, they were arguing with each other, and one of them had the volume on his PSP at the maximum.

After a little over two hours, they finally left. I am so glad that I am off from work for the next two days. After working 11 days straight, I have never been so happy for it to be Friday!!!

No comments: