Thursday, March 16, 2006

Change is near

My time as a Children's Librarian is coming to an end. I was selected for a lateral transfer. Thankfully, the new position means working with grown children. My departure will be prolonged because the Teen Librarian was also selected for a lateral transfer. Since she found out first, my boss will now request that I stay here for a month. I am happy and sad at the same time.

I AM HAPPY BECAUSE I will finally get out of this place. No more storytime!! No more class visits!!! BEST OF ALL, no more SUMMER READING COMMITTEE!!!

I AM SAD BECAUSE my interview was a week later than the Teen Librarian. This is the reason I received notice of the job offer later. Everything was a week too late.

New computers for the public were installed today. Along with the new computers came a new policy. NO MORE TEMPORARY LOGIN I.D.'S. This has been a hard pill for the public to swallow. They have left with attitudes.

No comments: