Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New beginings, but not really

This is how my first hour on the reference desk began........................

She exited the elevator with shems in tow. She,s the teenage version of the f**hag. I head her before I saw her.

They claimed some internet terminals and one of the shems approached me. I asked if reference help was needed? I was told yes, but um, no question followed. I then told shem#1 that I couldn't help if he didn't know what he wanted. Shem then said, " I'll be back when I figure out what it is that I want." As shem#1 is leaving, the hag starts speaking to him loudly at a distance that didn't require that volume.

I looked at her like she had a problem and returned to the terminal. She had the nerve to then say, "NO, THAT BITCH DIDN'T JUST LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT AND TURN AWAY!!! She didn't stop there, she kept talking mess.

So, I walked over to her and said, "If you call me out of my name one more time, you will be leaving here!!!" She had the nerve to say that I was being rude when I looked at her. I told her that I wasn't being rude, but she was being very loud and that is the reason I looked at her in the first place.

She kept talking mess, but she didn't call me out of my name and she lowered her volume. Her two shem friends would quiet her whenever it seemed her volume was starting to get out of hand.

I don't have a problem being called a BITCH, because I know that I can seem that way to others, I just don't want to be called out of my name a whole bunch of times.

I read this article after this incident.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/01/02/MNGT0NBEFP1.DTL

4 comments:

Nexgrl said...

@SweetBeets

Thank you. I really wanted to make her leave immediately, but these ol lenient people here always want to give people a second chance.

Nexgrl said...

@cKim9

Girl, these people don't care about that article. I left a copy at the reference desk for the other librarians to read. It didn't spark a discussion of what we should do in this system or on this floor.

M.Dot. said...

I don't have a problem being called a BITCH, because I know that I can seem that way to others, I just don't want to be called out of my name a whole bunch of times.

==========
==========

I.ain't.mad.

Nexgrl said...

@Hummingbyrd

I see you understand my point.