Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Maaannn!!!!

Yesterday evening I was helping an elderly man with microsoft word. He was trying to print what he had typed and he just couldn't get it together. He didn't ask for help, he said, "Hey, I need help!"

He is old, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and helped him even though he was rude.

I got his print job set-up. All he had to do was go to the printer and retrieve the job.
NOOOOOO, he sits in front of the printer, turns around and yells at me," YOU HAVE TO HELP ME, I CAN'T DO THIS BY MYSELF!!!" I was leaving the desk because it was time for me to go home. Those words he uttered, stopped me in my tracks. I told my co-worker, "I got this!"

I went over to the man and whispered in his ear, "When you need help, you must use courtesy words. We don't work on command up in here!!!" He then said, "Well, I'm 86 years old!" I replied, "And you think that makes a difference?"

I helped him retrieve his print job and walked away while it was still printing. He tried to say thank you, but I was already near the exit doors.

2 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i thought about you the other day when someone was telling me a tale of having sex in the library!

Nexgrl said...

@Miss Ahmad
They have sex, use drugs, sell drugs, wash thier body, shave their head, have fist fights,and I'm sure a multitude of other things yet to be discovered.