Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Some people

I have written this before, but I will do it again just in case some of you have forgotten. There are only two cocoa librarians in my department, myself and a guy. This guy was on vacation last week. Yesterday, he was scheduled to return to work.

Like any other Monday, he was scheduled to work the reference desk the first hour that we were open to the public. I was scheduled to work the second hour. When I approached the desk, I noticed that the department manager was alone at the desk. I asked, "Did you work the whole hour alone? You took it like a champ!" The manager, " Where's your friend?" Me, " I don't know, you are the one who has his telephone number?" The manager, " I am not his supervisor, so I don't have to call him!"

These people do this whenever one of us isn't at our desk. Whenever they ask me where dude is, I always look at them like they are crazy. I know they would be upset if I asked, " What, we are attached at the hip because we are the only cocoa librarians on this floor?"

No comments: