Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shocked is an understatement

This afternoon, I was walking with a patron over to the ESL section. It was his first visit to the library and he was a bit confused.

As we were passing the online catalogs in the International Center, a patron turns to me and yells, "DON'T BOTHER ME TODAY!!!" I turned to him and said, without missing a step, "OH, OKAY!!!" The patron then turns to me and yells, "I MEAN IT, DON'T YOU SAY A WORD TO ME!!!" To that I replied, "I WON'T!!!"

I had never seen that patron before.

3 comments:

B. Good said...

WOW, he was serious......and scary. Perhaps one of the other librarians bothered him before, and he figured you were in on it?

Rashan Jamal said...

library or mental asylum? I swear you have more unstable people in your area.

Nexgrl said...

@B.Good
Maybe, but I don't even work on the side of the floor. They have sprouted us out, so it could have been another black female librarian on one of the other floors.

@Rashan
We have mentally ill, drug addicts, alcoholics, drug dealers, and homeless individuals. All of the "SPECIAL ONES" just seem to congregate on my floor.