Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another problem caller

Thursday evening 2 times, I returned to the reference desk and heard my co-worker say, "I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU YELL AND CURSE AT ME." She would then hang up the telephone.

10 minutes passed. A clerk calls, I answered, he began yelling, "YEAH, IT'S THAT PATRON AGAIN"

I stopped him mid sentence and said, "I haven't spoken to you or that patron today, so I don't know what you're referring to. Just transfer the patron."

The patron starts in, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS". I stopped her and said, " I didn't speak with you earlier and I don't need a recap of what happened. I just need to know the titles of the books that you're looking for." Only 1 title ended up being circulating.
I put the book on hold for her. She then asked, "Can you transfer me to the manager for Information Services, because I didn't yell, or curse at anyone."

I transferred the call.

No comments: