Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Our Library has vapors

That's what a patron told me yesterday. She proceeded to explain to my that she could see the vapors. She also said that in order for me to view them, I had to take pictures with the camera set on natural light exposure. This is when she pulled from her many backpacks, pictures of things like trees, the side of a house, and a toilet. All of the pictures had the glare of light.

I listened with grave difficulty. I was trying so hard not to laugh in that womans face. I just kept nodding and looking at her as if she had lost her mind. Thankyfully, she finally said, "OKAY, you have a good day now and walked away."

3 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Vapors may be:

Vapor, the gaseous state of matter
Vapors (disease), an archaic term for certain mental and/or physical illnesses
Vapors Magazine, a metropolitan lifestyle publication focusing on art, fashion, music and skateboarding
The Vapors, a pop band from England
Vapors (1963 film), an underground film by Andy Milligan
Vapors (2008 film), a biography film about the legendary Juice Crew
"Vapors" (seaQuest DSV episode), a second season episode of seaQuest DSV
"Vapors" (song), a single by Snoop Dogg from his 1996 album Tha Doggfather
"The Vapors", a song by Biz Markie

I thought she meant the last one! Bwhahahahahaha!

Nexgrl said...

@Gorgeous Puddin
I believe she meant the 1st definition and suffers from the second definition. I, like you, was thinkng of Biz Markie as she was speaking to me.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I thought the same thing after I found the definitions. TOO FUNNY!