Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A continuation of the patron incidents from last week

Last Thursday, my co-worker informed a patron that he was sitting in a designated teen area and he had to move.
The policy is that an adult must be accompanied by a teen, when sitting in the
teen area.

Okay, no biggie. The man then came over to me and said, " I want to know that librarian's name because I'm going to write a letter to the city librarian." My co-worker then came over to where we were and said, "We don't give out our names, but you can have my badge number."

The patron stated, "YOU HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE" and walked away. We thought nothing of the incident, because it happens all of the time.

Sunday when I arrived to work, my supervisor asked me about the incident. He wanted to know if it was me or my co-worker that the patron was complaining about. I told him what happened.

He then explained to me that the patron did send a complaint letter to the city librarian and he now had to appologize to the patron.

My co-worker followed proceedure, but because a complaint was made to the city librarian, the patron now has to receive an appology. He also needs to be reassured that my co-worker will be reprimanded.

3 comments:

Judaye said...

What specifically does your co-worker have to apologize for?

Judaye

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

That makes no sense! They have to apologize for doing their job???? It's creepy to me when grown men are in the teen section. I see them watch the teen girls. I wouldn't apologize NOPE!

Nexgrl said...

@Judaye and Gorgeous Puddin
My supervisor(the acting floor mgr this week,) has to send a letter of appology to the patron. He also has to assure the patron that my co-worker will be spoken to about the incident. In essence, pacify the patron. That old motto, the customer/patron is always right.

It's extremely creepy for the adult(old) men to be in the teen area, this is the reason for the policy.