Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I caught her in the act today

Almost everytime that I have a perfect desk schedule, there's a floor supervisor who will rearrange it so that mine sucks and hers is glowing.

You see, I'm late almost everyday(that says something about my feelings for my job, I know.) It's usually somewhere in between 5-15 minutes. Today, the bus driver was working in my favor. She was on time and she went the speed limit(she's usually early and I miss the bus.)

Well this supervisor takes advantage of my not being at my desk. Meaning, she doesn't have to ask me about any schedule changes. Today I went to check the schedule and she had just switched me with her. I said, "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" She said, "AND WHY CAN'T I?" I then told her that I was scheduled to work in another department during the timeslot that she wanted me to be on the reference desk.

Instead of taking my word for it, she had to double check what I said. After she saw the written proof that she was in the wrong, she said, "Oh f**k, I guess I have to work that hour afterall."

4 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Dang she can just do that? I would be so mad everyday all day at that ish! Well it's good you caught her and had proof. Yeah it's clear you aren't feeling that job, but it gets like that. Hopefully the economy will get better soon and you can make some changes.

Nexgrl said...

I was so glad that I caught her. Not only did I have proof, but quite a few other people in the department heard her.

Dope Fiend said...

a$$hole

Nexgrl said...

Dope Fiend, I agree completely with your assessment of the situation.