Wednesday, December 03, 2008

True Crime readers scare me!!!!!!

A petite woman approached me at the reference desk. She specifically bypassed my co-worker to get to me. Her hair was disheveled, her skin was dirty, she had glasses with coke bottle lenses, they were dirty and lopsided.

She asked, "Do you have any books on KIL.LERS."

I looked at her oddly. She then said, "You know, like Scott Peters.on, or Charles Man.son."

I asked, "Do you want one about Scott, or Charles?"

She said, " I want a book about each of them."

As I was telling her what books were available, she said, "And do you have a book about SER.IAL KIL.LERS?"

I stopped typing and looked at her. She then said, "I'm studying them."

I took her to the section and pulled the books myself. She told me as I was walking away, "I'm just going to study the books in here." I said, "Uh huh," and kept walking.

When I returned to the desk, I relayed the interaction to my co-worker. He said, "Yeah, she's studying those books so she can learn how to be a ser.ial kill.er."

4 comments:

Sha Boogie said...

Whoa.

You don't have to report that? lol

Rashan Jamal said...

I would scare you. I have a bit of a fascination with serial killers too. Not that I want to be like them, but I want to write a novel or movie about one.

Nexgrl said...

@Sha Boogie
Technically, all she was doing is READING!

@Rashan
As long as you're not going to the library and spending hours reading the true crime stories and looking at the pictures, I am fine.

Dope Fiend said...

O MI DAYS! I just died!!!


That mess was FUNNYYYYYY!"I'm studying them." lollollol