Friday, July 27, 2012

The Good News, The Bad News, and everything else

The Good News: THEY'VE FINALLY HIRED A NEW MANAGER FOR THE SECOND BRANCH THAT I'VE BEEN MANAGING FOR THE PAST EIGHT MONTHS!! The Bad News: I HAVE TO TRAIN THIS NEW MANAGER :( Everything else: Last week, one of the employees that I manage told me that she likes how my hair looks when I wear it flat ironed. She added that it looks more professional that way. This week, I broke it down to her. I explained that what she said to me and the way in which she said it would have caused another person to curse her out. Because I knew that her statements came out of ignorance, I took the time to explain why what she said was offensive. Back story: My hair has been relaxer free for about 7 or 8 years. I wear it in it's natural state 98% of the time(Kinky/Curly.) The other 2% of the time, it is blow dryed and flat ironed because I have gone to the salon to have it colored and trimmed. The employee appologized and said that she didn't realize what she said was offensive. I told her that she now knows, so hopefully she won't make the same mistake again.

2 comments:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Yay! Boo! and you got her told real good! LOL!

Nexgrl said...

I was so happy to hear that they had finally selected someone for the position, until I learned that I needed to train her.

Luck was on my side, because I was sent to another branch. Bad for her, because she was left to teach herself.