Thursday, December 28, 2006

Erotic Fiction-----I can still be amazed...........

Tuesday December 26th, I had two different old men approach me at the desk to say that they couldn't locate the "sex" fiction in the online catalog, or on the shelves. (They actually approached the desk about 15 minutes apart.)

The first one was simple, I explained to him that it could not be located in the catalog under sex fiction, the term used is erotic fiction.

The second man was a different story. When he first asked about the books, I looked at him strangely because I thought he might be with the other man. I realized they weren't when he said, " You know, the real reason I want those type of books is medical!"

I looked him dead in the face and said, "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR REASONS ARE!"

I keep telling friends and family that I receive too much unneccessary information while I'm at work. Between the patrons and my co-workers, just telling me things that they should keep to themselves, my brain is full at the end of the day.

I had to share this story because, every time I think about that man wanting to tell me his MEDICAL reasons for wanting to read Erotic Fiction; I get a little sick. An old shrivled up man wanting to share his "medical" condition with me.

3 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

the fact that he couldn't waltz his old ass on down market street to the nudie stores cracks me the hell up!!

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay now that's comedy....MEDICAL reasons huh?!?!?..lol...that's a good one

Nexgrl said...

@Ms.Ahmad You know they are only a block from here, but then he would have to pay.

@Sarccastik It was said with a straight face while learning over the counter so that he could be even closer.