Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I know that it's been a while

But, guess what? I hate logging onto the computer once I get home. I hate typing post on my blackberry while at work.

I sit in front of a pc while at my desk in the staff area. When at the reference desk, I'm either sitting or standing in front of a pc. By the time I get home, I don't want to go in the 2nd bedroom and sit in front of yet another pc.

It's not that there hasn't been a lot to share.

There's the incident where a patron's dogged jumped up and took another patron's identification out of my hand. I was trying to wake up the owner of the dog, because he needed to gain better control of the dog. The dog was laying in the middle of an aisle. The leash was attached to the dog. The owner had his foot on the leash, but it didn't prevent the dog from walking into the aisle and blocking it. Someone trying to walk past, would have to either step on the leash, or step over the dog.

The newest supervisor on our floor(1 year,) has abandoned us for the 4th floor. She thinks the grass is greener. Her last day on our floor was this past Friday. Yesterday, she was back on our floor at 9:15am(we open/start at 9:00am.) 95% of our floor was through with her anyway. When she was at the reference desk, she didn't want to be bothered. She was always late when relieving another librarian from the reference desk. We try to arrive 5 minutes before our shift begins. She was always 3-5 minutes late. No, she wasn't going from one reference desk to another, she would just be at her desk doing whatever. And the complaining, it was nonstop. The bad part, she complained about her assigned duties.

No comments: