Sunday, September 01, 2013

My Summer Recap

I went to New York for the Harlem Book Fair. The was book fair is wonderful. I learned what kind of person someone I had considered a friend for 13 years truly is. I spent my born day in NYC with me, myself, & I. The saying, "When people show you who they are, believe them" took on a whole new meaning for me during that trip. I really didn't want to write about this because the person reads my blog and has friends who don't know me from a can of paint that read my blog. It still bothers me because I truly thought the person was my friend. Initially, I kept in contact with 3 people I met in graduate school. The number is now down to 1. My library branch has been open 6 months and we are still waiting on parts to repair items that have been broken since opening day. Things seem to be breaking down everyday. How about a grown a** man urinated all over the men's bathroom 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm talking about all over the floor, the walls, the sink, and the urinal. ( I left work for a medical appointment. I returned to an out of order sign on the men's restroom.) Our lovely custodial department decided that was not an important job and didn't send someone to clean it until after opening the next day.

No comments: