Monday, October 14, 2013

A program was scheduled

It was supposed to be a creative writing workshop for children. Yeah, well that's not what happened. My manager passed away suddendly last month. The public memorial was at the beginning of this month. The creative writing workshop was scheduled to begin October 11th. On October 10th, my staff found out by happen stance that a totally different program was planned. Since it was supposed to be a children's program, I had the Children's Libraian contact the performer. Her explaination, " I was going to stop in at 1:00p.m. on Friday and explain the program to you." Really, she had invited public officials, my manager's family, there was a reporter from the neighboring community's newspaper. The woman asked to speak to me and I explained that everything she had planned needed to go through the library's public relations department and upper management. She said, "Oh, I don't want to get anyone in trouble." I told her that it's not about anyone getting in trouble, but she had planned a program totally different from what she presented to the Children's Librarian.

No comments: