Thursday, May 11, 2006

The nerve of some people

1 1/2 weeks ago my former boss calls me. She said that I had scheduled preschool videos for that day but the videos hadn't arrived. In the same breath, she also told me that the delivery for that day hadn't arrived yet. She then said, "I guess that I can pick out a video just in case the ones that you selected are not in the delivery."

IF SHE ANSWERED HER OWN QUESTION, WHY DID SHE CALL ME!!!!!!

My former boss calls me again today. " I am looking through the binder and I don't see a copy of your selection form for preschool videos for this coming Monday. I do see the fax cover sheet for the April and May preschool video selections. I haven't found a copy of the selection sheets. Should I call the AV Dept. and ask if they received your request? Who shoud I call?" I tell her that I don't remember the guy's name, but I wrote it down somewhere in the binder. As a matter of fact, his name is on the fax cover sheet. She ends the conversation by saying that she will definitely call AV. I tell her that she should call the department because I do remember submitting the preschool video request from April-October. Wait, "Why am I telling her anything?" This is a branch manager who has been without a children's librarian before. Surely, she doesn't expect me to complete the request from my current post.

While I am at it, why does she always begin these conversations by asking me if I like my current position and if I am happy. I am 95% better mentally. Physically, I am having some problems. I would never tell her that though. Is she asking this because she thinks that I will return to the branch? I hope that isn't the case. I truly want to give this gig a chance. I definitely don't want to go backwards.

No comments: