Thursday, February 07, 2008

They say that I will get used to this behavior, but I think NOT!!

A patron calls, they want to know if a particular book can be located. I place the patron on hold. I look on all of the shelves and all of the book trucks because there are tons. It can take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes, it depends on the call number............The book is finally found, I return to the desk.............the patron has hung up.

Sometimes they call back while you are on the desk, sometimes they don't. Today, the woman called back with some excuse about her cell phone died (she spoke with my co-worker.) She then called back ten minutes later to request another book.

This time, I told her that I was helping a patron. I took her telephone number and told her that I would call her back once I found the book.

2 comments:

Jazzy said...

I think taking their number and calling them back is the best move because going through the trouble only to have the person hang up would piss me off...might have to star 69 'em to give 'em a piece of my mind! lol

Nexgrl said...

O.Diva,
Most callers don't want to leave their number, or give their name. Since the caller hung-up on me the first time, I didn't want to take that chance the second time around.