Monday, September 29, 2008

Seen today at 4:20 p.m.

An elderly man with earplugs in both ears, yelling questions to me. As he walked away, my co-worker asked, "Why does he have plugs in his ears, if he wants to speak with others and ask questions?" I told her that I had no clue.

The man returned again, because he obviously didn't hear me clearly. He wanted to add money to his copy card. Instead of inserting his card and then adding the money, he simply put money in the machine. He kept asking me what the problem was. As first, I thought the card wasn't working because he didn't have enough money. He assured me that he added the correct amount of money to his card. I walked over to the copy machine and saw that he had in fact put the correct amount of money in the machine, but since he never put his copy card in, the money was still in the machine.

I removed the money, then inserted the copy card and added the money to the card.

When I returned to the desk, my coworker was shaking her head and laughing.

2 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Earplugs? strange indeed. Any particular reason he couldn't read the instructions? Did he have on eyepatches as well? LOL

Nexgrl said...

@Rashan
Now you know if an old man had earplugs and wasn't listening, he definitely wasn't trying to read anything. He was back this evening, minus the earplugs. He didn't ask me not one question. He did submit a comment though.