Thursday, October 02, 2008

Incompatible activities

We the employees of this great institution have to sign an agreement that we have read this new revised policy that goes into effect Monday October 6, 2008. It basically says that we cannot use the department computers for anything that isn't work related.

My post may be even fewer and far in between. I don't feel like posting in the morning and by the time I get home in the evening, I am not thinking about the computer. I sit in front of a computer all day long, so I rarely use the one at home. I guess this new policy means that I will have to make the effort from now on.

2 comments:

Doret said...

Well that sucks. Either someone told/complained about over computer usage or a few were abusing it.

Nexgrl said...

@doret
I think the problem is that a lot of the staff have other jobs and use the library's equipment to conduct the business of those other jobs. Those who don't but use the down time to surf the net, just happened to be casualties of this new policy. The big question is whether or not they are going to follow through on the new guidelines. I believe that the people who have worked there for 20 years or more will continue to do what they please.