Monday, November 08, 2010

Almost a week later

The San Francisco Gia.nts Celebration was a nightmare. The end of the parade route was across the street from my building. When I got to work, there was no in and out of the building. You were taking your chances, if you did. There are three public entrance/exits, and one staff entrance/exit. Two of the public entrance/exits were closed because of the crowd.

When the crowd discovered that our building was open, some of them had the bright idea to look out of the windows on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors. I went to the 5th floor for my normal Wednesday 1-3pm shift, and one whole side of the floor was standing room only. People were listening to the speeched on their radios. The only instruction from management, was to monitor the crowds.

When I left work at 7:00 p.m., there were still people lingering. Police cruisers were driving up and down the streets four deep.

If I didn't have to work that day, I wouldn't have been anywhere near that place.

No comments: