Monday, April 17, 2006

The countdown has begun

4 more days to go. This moring as I waited for the Tech to open the security gate, I was approached by a woman. She introduced herself as Sister something, I don't remember. She went on to tell me that she was sent by God to spread his word. She asked me if I had repented. That was all she needed to say. I started making my way to the security gate before she finished her last sentence. I thanked her for sharing and kept it moving. If I am not trying to hear the Jehovah's Witnesses who stand outside the library everyday, you know that I was not trying to hear what she had to say.

There is a man who comes in here periodically. All he does is sit in front of the library catalog. We can guess that he is searching for books, but we don't know for sure. He asks each time he enters the library if that is the only catalog that we have. We all know that he knows that there is only one online catalog up in here. Today, I was given a full whif of his lovely essence. He walked all the way over to my desk to retrieve a piece of scratch paper. Regardless of the fact that he passed at least two other scratch paper dispensers that are full. CAN YOU SMELL CIGARETTES, ALCOHOL, AND JUST PLAIN OLD FUNK. He looks old, but with all that facial hair you can never tell. His hair and beard are so long that they look as if they have grown together.

No comments: