Friday, April 07, 2006

Do you ever wonder about alcohol?

As I was opening the gate this morning, an old alcoholic asked me what time we opened. I told him 1:oo p.m., and he proceeded to tell me that I was looking good this morning. He had on his flip flops and was on his way to the liquor store(it was about 9:10 a.m.) I failed to mention that there are two liquor stores within walking distance of the library. One is on the same side of the street, and the other is across the street. *** Yes, he did have on white tube socks with the flip flops***

When I went out to get my lunch, I noticed that there were two empty liquor bottles in paper bags surrounding the lamp post directly in front of the library. My co-worker said, " Now, you know you are in the ghetto when you see the liquor bottles in paper bags placed standing up on the street."

MY LEAST FAVORITE QUESTION OF ALL TIME************

Do you work here? You walk up to my desk, where I am sitting typing on the computer, there is a telephone and various information for the public. Do you think that I am here for my health? How many grown folks sit in the children's area alone, at a desk with a computer and a telephone?

I told him, "No." He then said, " Oh you don't?" In response, I told him that I did work here. He went on to tell me that he wanted to get on www.craigslist.com. I told him that he was welcome to get on the internet, all he needed was a library card. He told me that he didn't have a library card and asked what he needed to do to get one. I explained that he needed to fill out an application. He took an application and told me that he would come back later. All I said was, " You do that." My responses may have been wrong, but I am tired of stupid questions. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, THERE ARE SOME STUPID QUESTIONS!

No comments: