Sunday, August 27, 2006

3:30 p.m. and I thought I would get away smooth.

NOT!!!! Why do they always chose me????? This woman approaches the desk and asked me for two desk reference books. That in itself is fine, but you need to leave either your library card or a CA ID. I tell her this and she proceeds to look for it. I help two other people while I waiting for her to produce the ID. Five minutes later, she pulls out her social security card and tells me that is the only ID that she has. I repeat to her the forms of ID required for her to use a desk reference book. She tells me that she wants to speak with a supervisor. I tell her that there aren't any supervisors working today.

I offered to look up the information for her and gave her a piece of paper so that she could write down what she needed and she refused my help. She told me that she didn't know what she was looking for and I couldn't help her.

She goes on to argue with me about the rules regarding the policy. I explain the rules and finally get tired of the interaction and tell her that I will let her use them. I inform her that this is against the rules and if she returns again without the proper ID, she will not be allowed to use the books.

AND SHE ARGUED WITH ME ABOUT ME FINALLY LETTING HER USE THE BOOKS WITHOUT THE PROPER ID.

She started telling me some mess about losing/and or having the mess stolen. I wasn't trying to hear it. At this point, I told her, " I will let you use it but know that it won't happen again!"

No comments: