Thursday, August 10, 2006

Some days, I am at a lost for words

Do you remember the dude from Cooley High who wore the trench coat and had a doo-rag on his head? Okay, the movie was made in 1975 and depicted the life of the class of 1964.

I saw an exact replica of him walking past the reference desk yesterday afternoon, dragging a suitcase on wheels behind him. The only thing missing was a cigarette dangling from his lips.


*********************************************************************************

Moving on to 7:15 p.m. There is a bum who hangs out at the bustop where I catch the bus after work. The bustop is right in front of the library. He and I have exchanged words in the past. I have never been nice.

He carries a sign that says, " I bet you $1 that you will read this sign." The first time he flashed it in my face almost 4 months ago, I told him that his best bet was to get out of my face!

Last week, he approached me with dollar bills(many plural) in his hand and asked me for a dollar. I told him, " You have money in your hand." His reply, " Yeah, I know but I want more." I said, "Everyone wants more money." I turned my head and quit paying him attention.

Yesterday: The bum walks past me a few times. I ignored him. The last time, he shoved the sign in my face(I was looking in the opposite direction.) I turned in his direction and said, "
I WILL TEAR THAT SIGN UP!!!!

No comments: