Wednesday, June 21, 2006

6 Days!! Yeah, I know.......

Time flies by. Sometimes it doesn't jump off until the end of the day. I can't blog while at the reference desk. Well, I did once. The incident was so good, I didn't want to give myself time to forget any details.

This Friday, June 23rd, there is an Open Mic/Poetry Slam Contest at my old job. My former co-worker who now works upstairs, asked me to go with her. I told her that I would think about it and get back to her. That was last month. I really don't want to go. I live in the same neighborhood where the library is located. I haven't even been on that side of the neighborhood since my last day at that job. I have no desire to see that side of the area.

It's not that I don't like my former co-workers. I do like them and enjoy talking to them. I have no desire to see the former patrons. I don't feel like answering a million and one questions regarding my whereabouts.

No comments: